OK, get rid of the make-up, teased hair and 20 earrings in the ears and you have what my daughter looked like for school today!!!She came down this morning wearing (are you ready?)
Turquoise leggings with denim shorts over them, a t-shirt with a sequin elastic belt at the hips. A "tummy jacket"/sweatshirt and silver ballet slipper shoes. Oh yeah I forgot, her hair was pulled over to one side and she must have had at least 8 rubber "band" bracelets on one arm. I wish I had taken a picture of her but she planned it just right to come down the same time as the carpool was pulling up. She knew I wouldn't object as much if the carpool was waiting. (I've learned to pick my battles with her) At least she sort of matched, in an 80's kind of way.
Kenzy has always been my opposite child. I say this with love because, I think she does it on purpose just to be different. I know thats what I did, growing up the youngest of 9 will do that to you, I didn't want to get lost. That is what I love the most about her. She may give me gray hairs on a daily basis, but life with her is never dull.
As she left the house, literally on cloud 9 because I didn't object, a song from Cindy Lauper popped into my head..."Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
3 comments:
I dressed like Madonna every day my whole 8th grade year. I even sported electric blue plastic pumps. Yes I said pumps. I love that she has her own style. We would like to have her over sometime soon too by the way--Delaney and her can paint the town red.
No, painting the town red would be normal...purple with red stripes.
Kenzy would love to get together. LMK
Post a Comment